A woman was arrested after she was caught on video shouting at two Spanish-speaking shoppers at a Colorado grocery store before being confronted by another angry customer.
Authorities charged Linda Dwire with harassment. She later posted bond, the Garfield County Sheriff’s Office told Fox News.
Police did not provide further details on the arrest, but a now-viral video of the confrontation appears to show Dwire and another shopper, identified as Kamira Trent, in a verbal confrontation at City Market grocery store in Rifle.
Before the argument, Dwire told two shoppers from Mexico to stop speaking Spanish, one of the women, Fabiola Velasquez, claimed on Facebook. Velasquez posted the video online and said Dwire approached her and her friend and said because they live in the U.S. they can only speak English.
- Linda Dwire has been charged with two counts of bias-motivated harassment
- Was booked into jail after the confrontation at a City Market in Rifle, Colorado
- She was filmed harassing the two women after asking if they lived in the US
- Bystander Kamira Trent then stepped in and told her to stop berating the pair
- Trent threatened to call the cops and told Dwire to get out of the store
- After Dwire was arrested, she insisted her outburst was nothing to do with race, but was a ‘patriotic thing’